Friday, October 2, 2026

Trip to Capitol Reef

 


Thursday

I got up at 7:30. I went through part of my morning list, skipping the things that won't be needed later. I put the seed crackers in the dehydrator hoping to improve the crispiness. I packed more breakfast things. I went to the chapel to unlock the door for Bible Study, then went back home to continue packing. Finally I watered the plants and then packed my laptop. We went to the post office, then his office, then the gas station.  We got on our way by 10:30.

As we rode, we listened to a book on CD. I dozed on and off, but not as much as I would have liked. When we got near our destination, we stopped at Curry Pizza for a late lunch. We both got Indian food. Since we didn't finish it, we took it to our hotel to also be supper.

We signed into the Noor hotel. I was disappointed to find out that they didn't have any kind of breakfast, or a pool. We carried our luggage and breakfast boxes up to the second floor. We set up our computers and read online for awhile. I watched over half of today's Highwire episode.

Then we went for a walk around the hotel and grounds. There wasn't much to see. After some discussion, we went to the Etta Place cidery. It had changed a lot in the last 3 years. Now it was a bar. We sat outside in the back. We ordered two sets of three ciders. We tasted each cider and talked about them. Then I suggested we take our pic against the mountains. A lady offered to take it for us, and a conversation started. After she left, we conversed with the two couples who took that table next.

When they left, we were leaving too, but got in a conversation with a couple inside the bar. She told me there would be a Stitch-n-bitch here tomorrow afternoon. So we talked about that and about picking apples. Then they had to leave, so we paid for our drinks and some bottles that Chris picked out and some chocolate that I picked out.

We went back to our hotel. I finished watching The Highwire. We ate our leftovers. We tried watching TV, such as they had. But there were so many commercials, that we eventually gave up. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.

No comments: