Monday, September 7, 2026

Second game night - better than the first

 


Sunday

I got up before 8. I went through the morning list except for practicing. I watered the yard in addition to the plants. I made more spice mix and more breakfast mix. I ate fiber gel, then read outside. I came in to make and eat breakfast.

Saronna texted me that the rugs were working and she could use a third one. So I picked one out and had Chris drop it off at their house. Just as he left, Michelle came in. She had a sign up sheet for people to say what day they could bring a meal to the Clark kids. She wanted me to take it to the chapel.

We chatted and then she left. Soon Chris was back. I finished breakfast and got ready for church. I took the sign-up sheets and the cheese squares.

I drove to the chapel. I left the cheese snack and the sign up sheets on the back table. I told several ladies about them. I assembled my trombone and put the hymns on my music stand. The service began with the chaplain playing three songs on his guitar. I did not know any of them. They were not hymns.

I chatted with the chaplain after church. I went home and tried to catch up on e-mail. Chris made mashed potatoes. Michele and John came over. Rod called and we set a date for an escape night. Then the four of us walked to Gary's house with the mashed potatoes.

I wasn't expecting so many people. Gary put the food out in the kitchen. People walked around the countertops with plates and got food. I ate at a table in the diningroom with Michele and John and Mindy and her husband. Gary had a smoothie machine and what was in it was really good.

Later the four of us walked back to our house. John helped me level up my character for the game tomorrow. Then they left. I went to the garden to water, then to Rod's house to move the ozone machine and put the little stuff I found in a bag for someone to pick up and deliver to him.

Then I went to Michelle's house with my outer slide and some brisket that I got from Gary. Casey fashioned some piano wire into a hook and got some of the paper towel out, but the rest was stuck. Michelle and I sat on the back patio and watched Casey start the grill and cook chicken and hotdogs. They offered me some, but I was too full.

Then Casey put up the Indiana Jones game. Indy was still stuck in the large room with the moving platform. He died over and over again as I tried to make the jump. But eventually I made it. But the next jumps were just as bad. Casey was able to help and finally Indy got back up to where he started. Then I took over and made a great deal of progress.

But it got late, so I exited the game. Michelle made a strong drink of garlic cloves, ginger root and cayenne. She shared a bit with me and chugged the rest. Her face was priceless! Then she went to bed. Casey stayed up to talk. Then I went home, worked on my blog, and went to bed.

No comments: