Friday, July 31, 2026

A long afternoon of cleaning

 


Thursday

I laid in bed, waiting for one of the alarms. I never heard one, but when I got up, it was after 8:30. I completed only part of the morning list, then went to the chapel for Bible Study. We read a chapter of Genesis, then talked about it and other things. We said a prayer. I left with Wendy, talking about the sewing project for Saturday. She agreed to bring balloons.

When I got home, I put the sewing pattern on my thumb drive. Then I went to the library to print it out. I drove around the neighborhood looking for the plastic tray that blew away in the storm yesterday. It didn't get far, but was hard to spot because it is clear.

I went home for breakfast. After eating, I packed cleaning supplies in the car and met Isadora at a house on first street. We cleaned all afternoon, covering the entire house. Then I took her home. I chatted with Michelle. As I was leaving, the lady asked how much she owed us. I texted the lady our fee, then went home.

I made supper and ate. She came by with cash. After I finished supper, I counted the cash and saw there was a tip. I split the cash and tip, figured out how much each of us should get, then put Isadora's share in an envelop. I went to the garden and watered. I chatted with Revonna and her daughter. Then I went to see Isadora – but no one seemed to be home.

I went to my home. I practiced, then made tea. I read online for a bit and worked on my blog before going to bed.

No comments: