Saturday
I got up before 7:30. I heard Chris moving around. I didn't hear our guests who were going to get up at 6:30. I went to the kitchen to make oatmeal, but Chris already had. I did the morning list except for practicing.
I thought Michele was taking them out for the day, but they changed their plans. They ate breakfast while I ate yogurt. I put the jar of reuteri back in the dehydrator since it was still liquidy.
They wanted to look from elevation so we took them to the pass and stopped at the top. They walked around and read the sign about Lincoln Hwy. When we came back to post, we stopped at the commissary. She really liked the size of it. We took the food home and I walked to the swap shop with them. She found a book for her grandkids.
When we got back, Chris set out sandwich fixings for them and I made breakfast for me. Michele and John came over. Later she left with them to help hang pictures. He read on the couch in the living room. I ate the second and third parts of breakfast, then read e-mail. I went to the garden to fix another leak in the soaker hose. It then worked well, but wasn't long enough to reach everything. In conjunction with the sprinkler, it might have done enough but because of sharing water pressure, it didn't work. I watered the edges and went home.
I read e-mail and listened to video clips. Chris finished his game. He worked on cooking pork chops in some kind of sauce. Michele and John brought Susan back. Susan set the table while Chris finished up the side dishes. Then we sat down to eat. After supper, we conversed.
When I realized what time it was, I jumped up and got ready for Project Night. I went to open the chapel and turned on the lights, etc. I played the piano and then rested. Jenni walked in first. We talked for just a moment when Michele and John arrived with Susan. So then we all went to the fellowship hall. We each worked on a project. The conversation was lovely. Then at 9, we packed up and left. I turned off the lights and locked the chapel.
John dropped off his mother at our house, just as I got there. She went in the back so I sat down at my laptop to work on my blog and read e-mail. When I finally stood up, my side hurt and it felt like I had bumped into a table. I went to bed, and could not lay on my side – only my back. It occurred to me that it could be a kidney infection or an infected ovary. I laid quietly until I fell asleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment