Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Shopping with Jenni

 

Tuesday

I slept well at first, then awoke early and could not go back to sleep. I got up at 7:30. I went through the usual morning routine. I started a new batch of sprouts. Peas this time. I ate yogurts, then added milk to most of them to use up the milk. I put those yogurts in the dehydrator to cure.

I packed a bag with swim suit and towel. I made breakfast and packed it in a bowl. I filled two water bottles. Jenni came over to pick me up. She took me to the dentist. I was half an hour early, but it took that long to read through all the fine print and explain why I would not sign the consent form.

I waited a few minutes, then was called back. The lady cleaned my teeth with sonic water or something like that. I waited again, then the dentist came and checked my teeth. He said one tooth was worn, but there was no decay so I was free to go. An appointment was made for the next cleaning.

When I got out, Jenni was waiting for me. We went to a fast food place for her to buy lunch. Then we sat in a park and she ate hers while I ate the breakfast I had made. Then we went to the Aquatic Center. But the pool she wanted to use was closed until the filter system could be fixed.

So we went shopping, starting with Hobby Lobby. Then I looked for a professional grade pumice stone. I found it at Macey's. I got pomegranates at WalMart. Someone texted me that she wanted me to clean some toilet rings because she failed inspection and was reinspecting tomorrow. My phone knew her name, but I couldn't think who she was. I told her I would do it. Then Michelle called to tell me what a bad day she had. She wanted me to come to her house later, but I said I had to clean two toilets. She asked if I would let her do it and keep her company.

So, when Jenni and I got back to post, I ate some seed crackers and met Michelle over at the house on Pinyon. She cleaned the toilets while I talked to her. She didn't want me to help, so I found other surfaces to wipe.

When we finished, she wanted me to come to her house, but I said I had to meet John over at 607. I agreed to meet her at 7:30. I texted John and headed over. He arrived half an hour later. I cleaned in the kitchen and he cleaned upstairs. I texted the lady about the toilets and she came over to pay me. She was not the name that came up on my phone. But whatever.

After John left, I packed up and came home. It was 7:30, but I was tired and hungry and it was our anniversary. When I told Michelle that, she understood. Chris had supper in the toaster oven for me. I ate and checked e-mail. I told him about my day. Then I worked on my blog.

 I made tea and we watched the pilot episode for Blue Bloods. This might be good. Later Chris went to bed and I stayed up to read.

 

No comments: