Sunday
It was another long night with little AC. I counted the seconds that each cycle lasted – only 70: not long enough to cool the room. The toilet continued to run and the bathroom smelled like cigarettes. Opening the front door let in cool air, but Chris didn't like the door being open.
We talked about getting another room and if not possible, just going home. I didn't want to stay here another night, but wasn't ready to go back to Dugway either. After eating his breakfast, he went downstairs to request another room while I dressed and made breakfast. He came back with a new room number. So I packed up everything that I could. He moved a few things at a time to the new room, and then we took the last boxes together. The new room was much like the old room, but the AC was digital and the toilet didn't run.
We prepared for hiking by filling my water bottles. Then we headed to a butte where we walked around, climbed on rocks and spoke to people. We both took pictures. Then we went back to Fruita to walk along the river. The e coli count was high so we did not put our feet in the water. The path followed the flowing water for awhile, then veered to the left and went up the side of a mountain. We followed the path to a big vista. It continued higher, but my legs had had enough. So we took pics and walked back.
I watched the trees for signs of apples. There were none and then there was one covered in apples. I walked up to it and picked one while stumbling over all the ones that had dropped. The deer did not seem to mind how close we were.
When we got back to the hotel, I washed and ate the apple. I downloaded several days worth of pictures to my laptop. We read online for awhile, then I took a long shower. I got dressed and we went to the Broken Spur steakhouse. It was lovely. I would recommend it.
When we got back to the hotel, Chris hooked up his DVD player. We read online and I worked on my blog. Later we watched three episodes of Criminal Minds. I spent over an hour working on entering hours into VMIS and resetting my password. Then I got ready for bed.




No comments:
Post a Comment