Friday
I did not sleep well. I woke up in the middle of the night and could not go back to sleep. The toilet refilled itself several times an hour and the AC system came on with about the same frequency.
Because the drapes were drawn, I didn't realize it was morning until I checked at 8:45. I got up and took a shower. I plugged up the toilet. I did my exercises. We went to the lobby for coffee and to refill my water bottles. I got some hot water to make tea with. Then I made breakfast with the tea. A man came to work on the toilet. But he said he needed a new part to stop the water from draining out.
After breakfast, we went to Fruita. It is a place a bit secluded which means it is partially protected from late frost which kills blossoms in other places. We parked and walked the Fremont Gorge Trail. We never did find the gorge even though we walked for quite a while. In order to save some energy for tomorrow, we turned around and came back. We sat at a table in a park and chatted with another couple while drinking water. Then we walked back to our car and returned to the hotel.
I refilled my water bottle and laid down for a nap. Did I fall asleep? Didn't seem like it. I got online to finish listening to a lecture and jot notes for my blog.
Later, I washed up and we went to a Mexican restaurant in town for an early dinner. I got the octopus taco and the vegetable soup. The plan was to eat half our meal and save the other half for tomorrow. But I ate all of mine. Then we went to the ice creamery. I got the sample platter with chocolate, berry, and juniper flavors. Chris got a large cone with butter pecan and coffee.
After dessert, we went back to the hotel. I read online, then read outside in the fading sunlight. I took a short walk around the hotel second floor balconies. When I got back, I came inside and watched some health videos. I made tea and worked on my blog. We did not watch TV because of all the commercials. Later we went to bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment