Saturday
Another night of little sleep, even though I remembered to take my magnesium supplements. Chris had turned the water off to the toilet, but somehow it still refilled it self all night. I turned the AC all the way up, but it still didn't cool off and kept running intermittently through the night. In the morning, Chris turned the AC off because my laptop sits right next to it. I took a shower and made tea. I sat down at my laptop to jot some notes and read messages. I made and ate breakfast, then we walked to the convenience store where he bought sun screen.
For hiking, we went to Chimney Rock, and took the trail that seemed most level. We did not make it to the end (however far that might be) till I decided that my legs had had enough. We walked back to the car and drove back to the hotel. It was hard to walk up the steps to our second floor room. Chris refilled my water bottles, while I read online.
At 3, we drove to the Saturday farmer's market. It was smaller than I expected or remembered. Then we walked to and around inside the local convenience store. I bought kombucha and a bag of pistachios.
I got dressed for dinner, and then we walked to the Mexican restaurant in front of our hotel. The booth seat was slanted so I changed sides with Chris. They had chicken in red salsa and pork in green salsa. I wanted pork in red salsa but they said no. So we ordered both and switched the meats. Chris brought some home. I ate pistachios for the salt.
Chris hooked a DVD player to his laptop and we watched the episodes of Criminal Minds that we couldn't see at home. Then I read on my laptop and posted to my blog. I think we went to bed early and put the AC on constant run. I fell asleep, but Chris could not take the noise so he turned it down.

No comments:
Post a Comment