Monday, August 24, 2026

Planning Revival week

 


Sunday

I got up at 8:30. I went through the morning list. I watered and fertilized the plants outside. I checked e-mail, then made a batch of cheese squares. Later I made and ate breakfast and got dressed for church.

I put the cheese squares in the back of the chapel. I went up front to assemble my trombone. The chaplain played some songs on his guitar and had the kids sing along. Then we greeted each other and the service continued. He talked about Isaiah and the revival that he has scheduled for two weeks from now.

After the band played their two hymns, he announced a meeting to plan the revival week. So several of us followed him into the fellowship hall and he explained who was coming to help and when and how we are going to feed them.

After the meeting, John gave me a ion machine and we discussed using it in the chapel to disinfect the nursery and the janitor's closet. Then I drove to his apartment lot to change the oil, but I had 10W-30, and he said my car takes 5w-30.

When I got home, I read e-mail, ate a grapefruit, and changed clothes. I put leftover cheese squares in the dehydrator to crisp. Chris heated leftovers for supper. I signed into the game. We played and chatted. It rained and the lightning started fires on post.

After the game, we went walking with John and Michele. But we didn't see any fires. I stopped to check my garden. Something had eaten the sweet potato leaves and two of my cherry tomatoes. Guess I'll have to cover them with more netting.

When we got home, I ate soaked chia seed with blueberries. I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched TV. I checked e-mail, I took the cheese squares out of the dehydrator and put them in the fridge. I put the egg money out for tomorrow. I looked up how to pickle garlic, then got ready for bed.

No comments: