Saturday, August 8, 2026

Relinquishment of Responsibility

 


Thursday

I was up by 7:30. I handwashed a top and put it in the dryer. I watered plants, and set a trap. I completed the morning list. I popped out gopher balls from the molds. None of them were good. They had so many bubbles that it looked like champagne. Thankfully, I had one left over from the last batch. I put it in the tiny bags and wrote a note. After putting it in with the ball, I took my Bible and went to the chapel.

I unlocked the door and the ladies who were waiting went inside. Time was short, so we quickly read and discussed our chapters. Then we left. Diane and I went to the school for the relinquishment ceremony for CSM Cho.

It seemed to be already in progress, but that turned out to be an unadvertised award ceremony. I gave CSM Cho the gopher ball. Then we found our seats. Michelle sat behind me and we talked till Chris arrived. His assigned seat was next to me.

The ceremony started with an invocation and the passing of the colors, which went quickly. Then the colonel spoke and Cho spoke. It was touching. Chaplain gave the benediction. Then we lined up to shake her hand or hug her and say goodbye. I walked out with Michele who also came. Chris took her back to work.

I walked to my car at the chapel and drove home. I drank fiber water (my backup fiber doesn't gel), and read online. I made breakfast, then ate it while watching The Highwire. I read through e-mail, and jotted notes.

I walked to the post office for mail, then stopped in the swap shop to take pictures for promotion. I found a jointed skeleton and sent the pic to Isadora and to Michelle. I thought we could make another Doug out of it. Michelle jumped in her car and came over to get it. She dressed it in swap shop clothing. She gave me a ride and took him home.

I listened to NWNW while piecing puzzles. Chris came home with a pizza. He took the pork out of the oven. He wrapped the pan in an old towel and we drove to the pavilion by the pool for a pot luck given to honor EMS.

We put our food on the food table, then helped Mikaela carry drinks and food in from her vehicle. Then we went home again to get napkins and my swimming suit. Returning to the pavilion, I hung out with Janet and Jenni until Michelle arrived. We waited for the EMS personnel to eat before we got in line.

After eating and talking, I put on my suit. I joined Jenni and Michelle in the pool. We played around until the pool closed at 7:45. I hung out until Chris was ready, then we took our stuff home. I changed into regular clothes and went to the garden to water. I found two mysterious holes near the far tomato plants. I picked up the metal sheets that I had stuck in the ground. I added water to the compost tea.

When I got home, I worked on my blog, then made tea. We watched an episode of Criminal Minds. I listened to Off The Record, and pieced some puzzles. Then I got ready for bed.

No comments: