Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Camp Michelle - opening night

 



Monday

I got up at 7:30, having kept awakening and reawakening during the night. I went through the morning list. I started cleaning my slide. Then Housing asked me when I was going to submit 403 for inspection. I thought it would take till Thursday to get the yardwork done, but when I met Bobbie over there, it was already done. So I scheduled inspection for this afternoon. She said Randy signed for the house next to Rod, and made arrangements to move the assignment over to Rod's house since that is where the bedding is and it hasn't just been freshly painted.

I went to the post office to mail the package from 403. But they did not have the forwarding address so I had to go home and get it. Amazingly it was $75 to mail. Yikes! I went home. I looked up previous band posts to identify the next meme in line. I posted to all three Facebook pages for band practice. I looked up hymns about prayer. I picked two, and one was not in my large print folder. So I went to the library to get a large print copy made. I stayed to chat, then left. I chatted with Tara on the way out, then went home.

I made and ate breakfast. I finished hemming a cleaning cloth for the slide. I went to 644b for inspection. They decided to do it after the kids had their 5 days there. Randy came over to inspect and then sign a paper saying there was no damage that he would be responsible for. I went to 403 to get the rest of my stuff out, plus all the cleaners they left behind. I did a last vacuuming and mopping of high traffic areas. Then I sat in my car waiting for the inspectors to come in.

When Bobbie and Sarah came, we went inside. Sarah took the pics. Bobbie and I talked, waiting for Collie, but he didn't come over. So then I went to the swap shop to drop off some stuff, including a toilet brush for the little bathroom. I went home and jotted notes for my blog.

I re-hemmed my cleaning cloth to be narrower. I finished cleaning the slides. I used a magic eraser and then 0000 steel wool to get the rust off. I re-oiled the inner slides and it worked much better.

I put supper in the toaster oven. I checked e-mail. Chris came home from work. I ate supper, then went to band practice. I emptied the trash cans until Jenni arrived. Then we played through the hymns and some Christmas songs. Michelle and Randy and Casey came to get folding chairs. Jenni and I talked for some time.

Then Michelle called to say she needed toilet paper and shower hooks. So I went to the swap shop to pick up the TV table that we forgot yesterday. I went home to get toilet paper and a shower curtain. I drove to 644B, arriving right after Michelle. So we went in together. I brought in the stuff I collected and some of the swiffer cleaning kit.

The kids arrived with Randy. Michelle quickly got them organized as to which beds were theirs and laid out their sleeping bags on the piles of blankets and sheets and comforters. Then she got them one at a time to take a quick shower while she instructed them on how to wash. This was followed by teeth brushing and music. Randy left, so I asked to be dismissed from Camp Michelle as well. I was tempted to stay, but I had no preparations. I closed the garage door and headed home.

I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched TV. Chris went to bed, while I stayed up looking for a page on parasite cleanses and caught up on e-mail.

No comments: