Monday, September 14, 2026

Preparing for Camp Michelle

 


Sunday

I started my day at 8:30. I went through the morning list. I practiced, then made a copy of the music. It wasn't quick. Chris gave me a massage. Then I took a shower, and made cheese squares. The first eggs I cracked didnt hold their shape so I cooked them in the microwave with a paper towel over. There was popping. When the one minute was over, I put it in for another minute. There was no more popping, so I opened the microwave. While I looked for a potholder, there was a very loud pop and suddently the dish was empty. There was egg all over the inside. I thought it was the funniest thing.

I made another copy. I pieced the copies together to make a one page hymn.  I ate yogurt, then watered outside. I set the trap. I prepared for breakfast, then made and ate breakfast.

I looked at a random verse generator, then got dressed for chapel. I packed up cheese squares and my trombone. Chris drove us to the chapel.

We had the normal progression for the service, although it went longer. Keli was ill, so Chaplain and Jenni did the praise songs at the beginning. Neil gave the sermon. Then Jenni and I played two hymns at the end. Then we chatted in shifting groups. I asked Bryce about noise-canceling headphones for Saronna to go from her house to the hospital in Salt Lake. He said he had some but they needed glue. We all said goodbye to the Praise team and the chaplain took them back to the hotel.

Chris and I went home. I changed clothes and ate the parts of breakfast that I missed. I sent out a bunch of texts. Randy said they tried such headphones and they only made it worse. I went to the garden to check the trap and water the tomato. I went to 644b to get the rest of my stuff out. There was a gray car with no license plate in the driveway, but the house was empty. I grabbed my stuff and went home. I listened to one last tapping meditation. I signed into Discord for the game. We played for 3 hours. Afterward, I took Chris to 403 to pick up the package to mail tomorrow. We also dropped off a package at Wendy's house.

When we got home, Michelle was waiting for me. I got in her car and we went to the swap shop to get lots of bulky bedding. We took it to Rod's former house. We made up 'nests' for each of the kids to sleep on. We also made a list of other things like shower curtains and toilet paper.

She dropped me off at home. It was too late to watch TV. We made the bed with clean sheets. I made tea and listened to a Highwire Plus episode on parasites. Yikes! Then I went to bed.

No comments: