Friday, September 27, 2024

Beef tongue and Knife Night

Thursday

I woke up early. Chris came in to wake me before he left, but I was already awake. I got up and got ready for the day. I walked outside to look for gopher mounds and saw one.

I read e-mail, then went to 75b to clean for 4 hours. I never saw Jamie. I came home for lunch and had to park away and walk home to avoid the paving trucks. Chris was already home, and taking beef tongue out of the oven. He cut it up in chunks. I watched The Highwire as I ate. Chris went to the library to read to the kids.

I finished watching. Then I practiced singing There's a Tavern in the Town with Youtube. Over and over. Afterward, I read articles and messages, then took down the gopher mound.

I went over to Jenni's place to water her plants, indoors and out. I couldn't resist using a broom. Then I went to 75b to try some alcohol on a pink stain on the floor. It didn't work. But Jamie was there and we chatted. Then I went to the garden to water and pick.

I came home to practice the Oktoberfest music. Chris came home from work and changed his clothes. He took the beef tongue out of the oven. I drove us to Michelle's house. She had prepared brussel sprouts and potatoes. We all sat down to dinner.

After dinner, the men went to Knife Night in Casey's car. We women talked for a bit, then I started the game. I didn't get very far, but I kept trying. Michelle went for a run, and Casey came back after dropping Chris off at home. When I got home around 10, he was getting ready for bed. We talked briefly, then I sat at my laptop to work on my blog. But first I had to check messages on Telegram and Facebook. I also watched some videos on URU to see what I missed.


No comments: