Saturday, September 28, 2024

Oktoberfest

Friday

We got up before 7:30. By 8 I was dressed and had bottle of tea. We filled the car with gas, then drove to Tooele. We shopped at Luckey's, Melanie's, and Maceys, then headed back to base. We put the food away. I played through the Oktoberfest music, then listened to episodes from the Pain Relief Summit.

At noon, I made cheese squares and then breakfast. I ate while listening. Chris came back early from his 4 hour meeting. So we went to the commissary for a few last things. We put that food away too. I cut the crusts off of the cheese squares and ate them. Then I put them away in two containers, one of which will go to church on Sunday.

I read messages for awhile, then went out to level two gopher mounds and water the plants. I unlocked the chapel for Keli, then cleaned at 75B for 1:20. I went home to change into something blue for Oktoberfest. Chris and I took my trombone and its stand to the Community Club. He left it by the electric piano and I went to find Keli.

I talked to people here and there, then we set up. We tuned and played a scale. When Emily gave us the nod, we played our program – all 9 pieces. The outdoor band who was on a break, asked for an encore so we played Beauty and the Beast. They came by to say nice things before going out to play again. They were very good.

After packing up, I talked to Anka, then someone came in looking for people to sign up for bean bag toss. So I went and signed up, but watched barrel-throwing, not realizing corn hole was later. I talked to people, including Jamie. Finally we played cornhole and the other team won. It got dark, but people were still talking. There was a stein-holding context. Then the band was wrapping up and claimed they were going to play the only John Denver polka. So I waited to hear it and it was Country Roads in ¾.

Then I talked to Gary about Winterfest. Chris helped me carry my stuff to the car. We went home. I jotted notes for my blog and ate a grapefruit. I talked to Michelle about having another game night but they were all so tired.

I posted to my blog and made tea. We watched one episode of WTR. Then Chris went to bed. It took me a little longer to get ready, but I went to bed also, around 10. But I laid awake for what seemed like a long time and kept waking up.



No comments: