Thursday, September 26, 2024

Green tumbleweeds have stickers too

Wednesday

I got up soon after 7. I started coffee morning. I walked out to look for gopher mounds and didn't find any. I watered the plants inside and out. I did my exercises and read for half an hour, finishing one book and starting another.

After coffee morning, I started cleaning in the kitchen because Phantom of the Opera was playing on the CD player. Then I cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed the house. I emptied the vacuum cups, showered, and dressed. I checked e-mail and messages.

I went to the signing at 1 for #75. It went well. Jamie showed up after the others had left. I talked with her for almost an hour, then went to house #2 to check the irrigation system to the pear tree and apple tree. I turned a knob that I should have left alone, then I had to walk back and forth trying to get the right amount of water to come out at the apple tree and the pear tree.

I went home and listened to some tapping episodes from the Pain Relief World Summit. Then I went out to rake a tumbleweedy area that I normally ignore. It was full of gopher mounds. I watched men unroll some kind of tar paper on the street. I packed my car with cleaning supplies, thinking to take them over tonight, but the tar paper looked to be sticky so I didn't want to drive on it.

I read for a while, then went outside again to mow. I still had to rake some more. When I went inside, I discovered Chris was home from Mass. I coated my fingertips in glue and let it dry so I could pull out all the stickers. Jenni called and we talked about me watering her plants while she is gone.

I worked on my blog when the glue was dry. Then I made tea. We watched two episodes of WTR. Chris went to bed, but I stayed up.



No comments: