Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Swap Shop Policy

Monday

I got up around 7. I brushed my teeth and cleaned up in the kitchen. I cleaned the dehydrator too, then decided against dehydrating the egg shells. I put them outside.

I checked e-mail. I donated to the chapel through the online portal. I prepared two hymns and put them on my thumb drive. I watered the vegetable plants with diluted whey. I took down some gopher mounds and reset the traps. I cut up two bunches of radishes and threw them in with the pickled eggs.

I read e-mail, then went to the library to print out music. While there, I talked to Emily whom Chris has tasked with writing swap shop policy. I agreed to send her information. When I got home, I searched my photos for one of the notebook that volunteers write in. I used the info to write her a list.

I cut and taped music pages together, thinking I had done a great job. I sent Chris an email about the parking lot. I made and ate breakfast while reading more e-mail. I walked down to unlock swap shop by request, took pics there, and walked home. I listened to a podcast and ate some of the beef, then went out to mow. I posted to my blog and Chris came home.

I went to the chapel for band, stopping to lock the swap shop. I brought a light for Keli. She found a place to plug it in. We played through the two hymns (finding out the the bass notes were cut off when I pasted the pages together) and through the Oktoberfest music. Afterward my lip was shot. We talked about setting up on Friday at the Community Club for Oktoberfest. Then we all went home.

I jotted notes for my blog about today. I read articles for awhile, then I made a carrot and radish greens salad. I made tea and we watched two episodes of WTR. Afterward I looked up some of the actors. He went to bed and later, so did I. The radish greens did not bother me like the raw cabbage did.



No comments: