Monday, September 30, 2024

An extra day at the pool

Sunday

We got up around 7:30. I got dressed. I watered plants and took down some gopher mounds. Then I read e-mail for a bit and Chris gave me a massage. He took a shower first and then I took mine.

I parsed supplements for a week, then made breakfast. After eating, I got dressed for church. I took cheese squares and my trombone to the chapel. I talked to the chaplain and Rick and Keli. I was worried about Karen, but then she and her husband came to church.

Keli did the opening songs because Chaplain was feeling a little under the weather. Then he gave the sermon and we ladies played two hymns afterwards. We all chatted. John said he thought the pool was open.

So I went home and changed into my bathing suit. I went to water Jenni's plants, saying 'hi' to her husband. From there, I went to the pool and it was indeed open one more day. I swam laps for an hour. Then I went home and put on dry clothes. Chris had cooked mushrooms and warmed up sweet potato and beef. He cooked it with an apple whiskey and it was too strong. But I ate about half, then we started the game.

In the game, we were facing battle immediately. We fought for almost 4 hours, finally beating off the enemy. Some got away, but most were killed. I ate the other half and the mushrooms were still strongly alcoholic.

Then I worked on my blog. We dressed the bed, then watched one episode of Walker Texas Ranger. Chris went to bed. I stayed up to read about health foods.



No comments: