Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Cinnamon rolls


Monday

I got up around 7:30. I watered the plants. I treated gopher mounds with citrus peels. I cut up a large piece of ginger and froze them. Then I went to the garden to water and to pick.

I went to 75B to clean for 2 hours. When I got back, I made seed crackers with amendments and popped them in the oven. Then I made breakfast. I looked through several books of Christmas music and picked some. I went to the library to make copies and stayed to chat.

I came home and started some bread dough. Then I went to Keli's RV to clean for 97 minutes. I came home for a quick carrot salad and to rerun the bread mixing cycle. Then I was off to the chapel for band.

We played through the pieces I had. Then Keli brought in a book from her truck. We played some pieces from that and she gave it to me to look through. Then the girls told us that someone had sprayed lotion all over the women's bathroom so I went to look. Yep, it was a slippery mess. We discussed when it must have happened, like either during or after church yesterday. We cleaned up what we could. Then we turned out the lights and locked the doors.

When I got home, I put soup in the toaster oven to heat. I rolled out the bread dough into two parts. I covered it in melted ghee, cinnamon, nuts, and raisins. I rolled up each log and sliced it into rolls, placing them in two bread pans. I left them to rise while I ate the soup and worked on my blog. I made tea. When the rolls had risen, I preheated the oven, then popped them in. We started watching WTR. Several times we stopped to check the rolls, and finally considered them done. I spooned melted ghee over them. 

 When WTR was over, we let them cool a little, then popped them out of the pan and separated them. I tasted a sliver and was disappointed. It wasn't sweet at all. I found a basket and breadcloth for them. Chris put them in a bag and went to bed. I stayed up to clear some open windows before going to bed.


No comments: