Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Always something new to clean

I slept well and woke up about 9. I fed Dad some coconut oil, but he said he had trouble swallowing it. I made and ate my breakfast while deleting e-mail. I started doing my Wednesday exercises, but got interrupted. Dad needed two letters put in the mail box. Then I took a bath. I used the Dr. Bronner soap bar to wash my hair. I did not like how my hair felt, but it behaved a lot better.
I removed everything under the sink. A few things got thrown out, and some went to another location. I found a good scrub brush. I wiped off all the items and washed the walls and cabinet floor. After it dried, I started putting things back.
Chris bought a new socket for the livingroom lamp and got it working.
After lunch, Dad went to get the mail, and I found him talking to Al across the street. Then Dad and I took a walk. It was a beautiful day. It took us 53 minutes to walk the estimated two miles.
After we got back, Chris was listening to a group call for work. I scrubbed the steering wheel in the K car. It was quite black, but it came off pretty easily. Then I fixed Dad's pajama pants. The snap was tearing loose from the fabric. I stabilized it with Stitch Witchery. Then I searched for velcro. I found some in the larger sewing box. I cut two small pieces and trimmed off the corners. Then I stitched them to the pants, just under the snap.
While Dad was napping, I scrubbed the kitchen floor, twice and rinsed it. I had found some floor polish under the sink. But I could not read the instructions. I also scrubbed part of the utility room floor.
Dad ate his supper while I cleaned out the cereal cabinet, pitching a box of bar wrappers. I also found a shoe box lid of small cooking items. I soaked them in soapy water for a bit, then rinsed and laid them out to dry.
Dad went to choir practice. I ate some chicken. I found more sticky utensils to soak and scrub. I reorganized jars in the side cabinet. I also found three open boxes of white stuff. I threw them out. I checked my e-mail while some Christmas program came on TV.
I watched two episodes of Voyager with Chris. And then Dad came home from choir practice. Chris removed another splinter from my hand. I'll think twice before cleaning the deck again. Dad watched the news and found something to eat. I posted to my blog and hoped to go right to bed. Chris had already set up the hide-a-bed and laid down.
* Some nice fall colors for a nice fall day, courtesy of the quilt show in October. *

No comments: