Monday, November 6, 2017

Chris comes home

I woke up at 6am and put on my headphones. I was dimly aware of thunder and then heavy rain. But it was all over with when the 1 hour session ended. I got up and went into my sewing room, looking for the tea cup pattern. But it wasn't there. I put on shoes and went looking in the garage. I had to move a heavy box to get to the box with fleece and patterns in it.
I put on an interview from the adrenal summit while looking through all the pieces of the pattern. It seemed like there were several sets and some homemade pieces. But I hadn't written down what those alternate pieces were for. I tried to look up the patternmakers name online, but could not find anything on her.
I made breakfast and left it on the counter. Then I drove to the airport. Chris was waiting outside. He put his stuff in the back seat and I drove us home. We came the back way on Martin Road.
When we got back, I ate my breakfast. Then I got ready for sewing and put my gear in the car. I arrived at noon. The ladies were eating lunch. I set up my machine and started trimming the hashtag blocks. Bertha had brought a cake to celebrate November birthdays. So Dinah and I got to blow out a candle each. The group sang and I went back to my blocks. One by one the ladies left. Bertha showed me how to use my phone to set reminders. We agreed that I would come over to her house on Thursday to see her quilting foot and rulers. Then she left.
I packed up my sewing gear. Then I shut off the lights and pulled the door shut after me. I drove straight home from sewing. Chris had done the laundry and grocery shopping. He had vegetables roasting in the oven. He showed me how to change my car clock to reflect the new time. Then I drove to the post office and picked up two packages of supplements.
While he checked e-mail, I collated the recyclables for tomorrow. Denise called to ask if I could deliver some papers to the closing of their house. Then we watched the first episode of F-Troop from Netflix. We ate some of the roasted veggies and I made a large salad. Then we watched all the remaining episodes of F-Troop on the DVD. Then I snuggled with Chris until he fell asleep. Having done that, I went back to my laptop to watch the next episodes of the current summits. I stepped through them because they were so long and it got late. I took my evening supplements and hot bone broth. I also jotted notes for my blog as I listened to talks about inflammation and food allergies and autoimmune conditions.
* I didn't take any pics today, so here is one from the quilt show. *

No comments: