Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Things are going smoothly

After posting to my blog at 4am, I went back to bed, but had a hard time getting back to sleep. Chris' alarm went off at 5:30. I put on my headphones while he showered, dressed, and went to work. At some point, I went back to sleep.
I got up around 8. I drank water and listened to the next episode of Christ Revealed. I made and ate breakfast. Then I paused the video to go to sewing.
It was almost 10:30 until I got there. I sat with the Beverlys. Beverly C had a stack of swap squares to show me. We talked about options for sewing them together. Jane had put out a large stack of orphan blocks in all sizes. She said she would throw away whatever was left. So at the last minute my table divided them up and I had a bag to bring home. When most of the ladies had gone, we put some tables together to spray baste Beverly's quilt. I ironed the backing and Anita taped it to the tables. We spread the batting and the top, then folded them over to spray. When it was done, Anita rolled the quilt up so Beverly could take it home.
Beverly and I went for a walk afterward. It took us just over half an hour. Then she went home and I went for kimbap. I asked the lady about tumeric balls, but she said they don't sell that.
When I got home, I ate the kimbap with the last of my kimchi. Then I headed out to the chiropractor, hoping to get there at 2:30 as the receptionist suggested. Well, I was a few minutes late, and two people were ahead of me in the waiting room. But the doctor wasn't in. She said he usually arrived by 2:45 or 3. So why did they tell me 2:30? Anyway, I had a book so I began to read. The minutes ticked by. The others were put in rooms. Eventually I heard his voice. Then a woman came in saying her daughter was in the car and could not get out to come in the office. There was nothing I could do but sat a few prayers and such. Someone went out to help. It occurred to me that perhaps the doctor should attend her there in the car. When he came to get me, I suggested it. He took me into the exam room and left. I think he did help her to come in. Then he attended me. He asked questions and did adjustments. I told him about the cyst recently on my wrist and he pressed a mechanism against the site and let the spring go several times. He asked me to bring him a copy of my supplements. He wanted to see me back next week but I told him I would be gone for two weeks.
I paid at the desk and got a receipt. Then I drove home. I think the drive home was faster than the half hour drive to. I pulled into the driveway just after Chris did. We went in the house together. He told me that his supervisor refused to let him go to Korea for 4 months because his job here was too important. His supervisor also said that someone had called him as a reference for the job at Fort Belvoir.
I finished the Christ Revealed episode. Then I rushed out to pick dandelion before full darkness descended. I made a big salad and followed it with a chicken leg.
I checked e-mail until 7. Then I drove to church for a stewardship meeting. Only four of us showed up. I had a few questions and they were very patient. After the general fund report, we talked about what happened at the congregational meeting, and the need to have a more active church.
The meeting broke up at 8:10 and I drove home. Chris was playing the dinosaur game with Michele. I started the next episode of Christ Revealed. When the game was over, Chris cued up the next season of Miss Marple. But a different actress played the part, and not as well, we thought. After it was over, Chris went to bed and I typed up the events of the day so I could go to bed as well.
* Beverly and Anita are smoothing the quilt top. *

No comments: