Saturday, November 4, 2017

Working on guild projects

I got up around 8, after listening to some brain wave entrainment. I drank my usual water and checked e-mail. After while, I took break to make breakfast. After breakfast,
I finished the round robin block and packed up all the round robin fabrics.
I loaded it and my sewing gear into my trunk and drove to the Bailey Cove library and parked at the dollar store because the library lot looked full. I went inside to see where the Rocket City Modern Quilt Guild was having their sew day.
In a back room, about 4 people were sewing. Tables were set up and fabric was all around. I went back to get my machine. I set up on a table by the wall. Amanda gave me a quilt to sew binding on. I ironed the binding and sewed it around the top of the quilt. She wanted it stitched to the other side as well, but I did not have matching thread. So I did the same thing to another small quilt. Then she gave me packets of small flannel quilt blocks. I sewed one set together without really looking at the outcome. When I was done, one of the pairs was switched around, making the rest of the row wrong. So I had to borrow a seam ripper to take the row off and re-do it. It wasn't big enough but she said she'd rather have two sets of squares than one big set. So I took the remaining squares and sewed them into a small quilt top.
At that point, we had about half an hour left to sew. So she found some border strips and I sewed them around one of the small tops. By then most everything was packed away. So I packed up my machine and cleaned up the threads and such. The pastor called to ask if I had thought about heading the stewardship committee and I told him that Chris told me not to.
After the call, I put my sewing gear back in my trunk. I drove home using the parkway. I hadn't done it before and wanted to try it during daylight.
When I got home, I took my sewing gear inside, wondering if I should have just left it in the trunk. I was so hungry that I ate most of the rest of the chicken while checking e-mail. I also made and ate a big salad. Then I meditated with Oprah and Deepak.
While I was looking at e-mail, I was listening to a playlist on Youtube of intros for old TV shows. Some of them were unfamiliar so I tried to look them up on Youtube, and then on Netflix. I came across a movie called For The Love of Spock. I could not help watching it, even though it took the rest of the evening.
Then I posted to my blog and started episode three of The Sacred Plant. I planned to only watch half, but it was shorter than previous episodes, so I watched the whole thing before I went to bed.
* This is my round robin block. *

No comments: