Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Cleaning walls and doors

I got up at 8:30. Dad was eating breakfast. He had the morning show on and was obsessing about getting ready for the dentist and for Kevin's visit. I made and ate breakfast. Then we made a list of groceries he needed for a casserole. Chris went to the store while Dad took a nap.
I pulled the new rug out of the bathroom. I cleaned the walls and sink items, tub and behind the toilet and the floor. When Dad got back from the dentist, I asked him about replacing two lightbulbs in the hall bath. He gave me some LED bulbs. Then the bathroom was so bright that I had to clean it again because of all the new dirt I could see.
I took a break for some lunch. Then, to get some sunshine, I moved a pile of bush clippings and fallen branches from the front yard to the back yard. Then I swept the cobwebs from around the front door and porch area. With the bowl of hot water and soap, I started scrubbing the front of the screen door. Then Dad called me in to help move items from the sink area to the dining room. After that, I finished both sides of the screen door and scrubbed both sides of the main door. And the doorjambs, continuing on to the walls nearby. I washed the closet door and moved on to the louvered doors in the hallway. Then I worked my way down the hall, including the louvered doors to the hall closet. I had enough of louvers. I washed the wall by the bathroom. What it really needed was paint for the areas that Mom's wheelchair had gouged. I scrubbed the master bedroom door, wall, and then the guest bedroom door. I had to soap it and rub it twice to get it mostly clean.
And then I was exhausted. I stretched this way and that. Kevin finished up the cleaning. We talked for a bit, and then he left. I found leftovers for supper. It was good to relax. I heated up some blended casserole for Dad. When he was done eating, he wanted to do recyclables. We had done them last week, but we were able to add 4 more boxes of plastic and cardboard!
Then I sat down to jot notes to my blog while Dad organized his pills for the week. I deleted over 100 e-mails and then started reading what was left. One was a comment on my blog, posted anonymously, but asking for a reply. Who do I reply to?
I sat with Chris and we watched a Voyager episode on Netflix. Then I finished my blog and posted it so I could go to bed.
* The new rug in the bathroom. It doesn't quite fit, but we have nothing to cut it with. *

No comments: