Friday, November 24, 2017

Progress in the kitchen

I had trouble falling asleep, but then slept through the night, possibly from all the raking. I got up about 8:30 to get dressed.
I handed out little pots of lip balm. Cecily, Marie, Carol and Michele went to the mall in Short Pump for Christmas shopping. Jasper cried when they left. He got over it when the men came to finish the roof. Then he walked around woofing.
I sat on the couch reading e-mail and aware of the TV. There was a segment on shopping tips for Black Friday deals. There were plenty of Black Friday deals in my inbox.
I made and ate breakfast. Chris packed up my stuff and moved it to his car. Then Chris drove me to Dad's house, but the door was locked. I called Kurt, thinking he was out with Dad. But no, he was out with Patrick. So Chris knocked on the door until Dad answered it. We moved my luggage in. Chris sat down to read a book while I conversed with my Dad to see what he needed. I reminded him to ingest some coconut oil and he did. It was going very slowly, so I told Chris he could go back to his folks.
While Dad puttered around, I removed drawers in the kitchen, cleaning them and the items inside. I set like items together and pulled out the repeats and things not likely to be used. I put those in a box and it went in the attic. What was left fit better in the drawers and was more findable. I went through all the rubber bands and pulled out the best ones for him to keep.
Then he laid down for a nap and I ate lunch. I woke him up at 4:30. He finished his shopping list with much discussion. Kurt was on his way over. So I blended up chicken, veggie juice and corn casserole. I poured half in his bowl and put the other half in the fridge. He finished it just as Kurt arrived.
Kurt left his engine running. There was more discussion as Dad got ready.
We got in Kurt's car and he drove us to Wegman's grocery store. I had never been there before. It was quite a treat. They have a huge organic section. Dad brought his list but only he could read it. So we listened carefully and helped him find his items. I found some Dr. Bronner's soap that I don't mind cleaning with. When we got to the end of the list and put milk and yogurt in the cart, I ran to get the rotisserie chicken. I met Dad and Kurt at the check-out. Dad pulled out his coin purse and picked out two dollars in change. He handed that to the lady. Then he picked out some more. Finally he had me pull bills from his wallet. I had to ask Kurt for 15 cents. Then Dad showed his card and she scanned it. The total lowered by about 50 cents. So she gave some back. I gave Kurt back his change and the rest went to Dad. Then we were out, letting the guy behind us check out.
Kurt drove us home. We unloaded the groceries while Dad put away the toilet paper. Then Kurt and I dug into the chicken. Dad ate the rest of the blended chicken. We got to talking and Kurt looked up answers on the internet. Then somehow we got to Windows 10 vs Windows XP.
Kurt was showing me a program he likes called Live PD. Then Dad asked for help finding his hearing aid. But I think the part he said he dropped was in his left ear. Kurt helped him reassemble his hearing aids, then went to bed. I typed up my blog, hoping to do the same. And hoping Dad would get a nights rest.
* This is the jawbone I found yesterday. *

No comments: