Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Seeing Michele

I slept in the back bedroom and had trouble falling asleep. Uncertain when I woke up, I got up at 9:20. Dad was asleep. I drank water and sat at my laptop reading e-mail. I saw the pair of socks that I gave Dad for Christmas last year sitting on the TV table. I heard a knock at the back door. Chris and Michele had arrived. I let them in. I greeted them loudly and we talked for a bit. Since Dad did not get up, I went back to wake him up. He told me he had gotten to bed at 6am. He said doing his pills did not take long last night, and that the socks were easy to find. He also said he ate something. I found it hard to believe that that accounted for being up all night.
Anyway, the three of us visited. I made myself breakfast. Michele ate yogurt and blueberries for lunch. Chris ate, too. Faye called, and later came over. We discussed what restaurant to go to on Saturday. We had picked Peking, but it did not open until dinner time, so Chris found Kabuto nearby. As negotiations progressed, I started packing up. Chris put my suitcase and laptop in the car. Finally we had to go.
With Michele in the back seat, Chris drove me to his parent's house. On the way, Michele said she liked my red purse. When I offered it to her, she said she would rather have a teal and black one.
At the Damours, I gathered clean clothes from my suitcase and took a shower. When I came out, Cecily gave me the rundown on the food for tomorrow. We discussed something else, and then it was time to go.
Michele and I rode with Chris to the restaurant called Rosa's. The others arrived sooner because Chris missed the turn and had to pull a u-ie. We found them in a small room called The Vault. Probably because the restaurant was in an old bank building. The waitress took our drink order and then we discussed the food. When she came back, we ordered. Then we had plenty of time to visit while the food was being prepared. Several of us had the tomato-bisque soup as an appetizer.
Then Michele was presented a pizza on a stand. It was a 5-cheese pizza and she immediately sprinkled it with more cheese. I got a plate of flounder with a baked potato and broccoli. Four others got the Pollo Francaise. It was breaded so I did not have any. It was all very good. After the meal, the owner came in and spoke to us for a bit. She talked about the new location and some renovations she wanted to make.
Then we put on our coats and went home. Chris stopped at the nearby gas station. I recorded it in the car book.
When we got back, I sat on the couch in the living room with Cecily. After a bit I noticed no one else was around. I found Chris and Michele watched a recorded section of the dinosaur game, learning techniques from other gamers. I went back to the living room and got out my laptop. The TV was a little distracting. Cecily had it on the food channel. When she went to bed, Al turned it off. I read e-mail until Chris arrived to read his book. I jotted some notes for my blog. I continued reading e-mail for awhile, then went to bed.

No comments: