Friday, November 10, 2017

The foot rules

I woke up when Chris got up. I waited until he left to put on my headphones. After the hour track was finished, I shut it off and got up. I turned on the router and my laptop. I drank a quart of water while listening to the second episode of Christ Revealed. It was very interesting. A detective who specializes in cold cases talked about how he analyzed the scriptures and became so convinced they were true that he became a Christian. Then the American dean of a college in Israel talked about how going there changed how she thought about Jesus – seeing the countryside and the Jewish customs and living the Jewish calendar. She had a somewhat different interpretation of the New Testament after living there.
I made and ate breakfast. Then I meditated with Deepak. When that was over, I watched the last episode of The Sacred Plant. They talked about the different compounds in different species of cannabis and all the healthy effects they can have. CBD helps with autoimmune diseases like arthritis, diabetes, bone marrow transplants. Neuro-protective for strokes and head trauma.
I went through the more easily-deletable e-mail. I looked up supplements I wanted to order. The chiropractor suggested cava, but I did not find it at the usual sites.
It was almost noon when I jumped up to get dressed. I grabbed something for handwork (since I never get around to using the machine on Thursdays.) I drove to Stitch-Its. For the next two hours it was social tine. I didn't get much done except to cut out a piece and pin it to another. But at that point I needed the sewing machine that I didn't bring. Oh well.
At 2:15 I went home. I picked some dandelion leaves in the back yard and made a salad with some greens from the fridge. I also had some hicama. I called Bertha to make sure I knew where her house was. Then I tried to drive over there.
I thought Airport Road was busy, so I took the parkway. But that was worse. I called from the backup to say I'd be late.
When I got to her house, her dog was happy to see me. She showed me her ruler foot and the rulers that it works with. She offered to let me take them home to try. Then we sat on her couch and conversed.
At 4:15 I said goodbye. I headed for the massage place. I was watching my 'remaining mileage' go down to 50. And then the low fuel light came on and the numbers disappeared. So I took note of the odometer and added 50 so I could continue to monitor the gas. But then I got worried wondering if it was bad to let it get so low.
I arrived exactly on time. She and I talked for a bit and then I got on the table. She gave me a full body massage, concentrating on my neck and shoulders. We talked afterward, too. I left around 6.
,I drank the water I had in the car on the way home. When I got there, I asked Chris to go with me to the gas station since it was dark. He said he would do it in the morning. So I had some vegetables and fruit for dinner. I looked up ruler feet on Amazon. I tried Bertha's quilting foot but it didn't fit my Singer or the Brother. But there was one on Amazon that might. I checked the shaft to see if it was too low to pass over a ¼ inch ruler and the Singer was but the brother was not.
I searched my bulk supplement spreadsheet for items to order from Nuts.com,
It was after 9 when we started watching TV. We saw three episodes of The A-Team. I fell asleep once during an episode. Then we went to bed.
I got up at 3am to finish my blog.
* I didn't take any pics today so here is one from the Quilt of Valor event. *

No comments: