Friday, November 10, 2017

He's pulling my leg

It was after 9 when we got up. I was startled to see how late it was. I deleted the first round of e-mail. I started the 3rd episode of Christ Revealed while I made and ate breakfast. I paused it to get dressed and spend a few minutes in the sunny backyard.
My tapping buddy called at noon and we tapped together for 2 hours. I picked some dandelion greens and made a salad for lunch. Then I drove to the chiropractor in Madison. Traffic on University was bumper to bumper. I signed in and then sat in the waiting room, reading a book. This guy doesn't assign appointment times. His business is all drop-in. Finally I was called into the exam room. I continued to read, but he arrived soon. He had me lay on the table and he felt my spine. He told me how healthy I was and that he wished all his patients were as much. He twisted my hips this way and that. He pulled each leg. He rubbed what felt like Icy Hot on my back and then said to come back next week. I paid at the counter and asked what brand of Kava he recommended. She wrote it down for me. We discussed when might be the least busy time to show up next week. Then I made my way through the throng of people waiting to the exit. I got in my car and nosed my way into heavy traffic. I avoided University by taking Wall-Triana down to 565 to Sparkman.
When I got home, Chris was in the kitchen roasting veggies. I put down my purse and went for a walk/run to take advantage of the last of the sun. When I got back, I sat down to check e-mail again. I had to reboot Waterfox to resume the episode of Christ Revealed. After that, I took a break from my computer to root through all the bags under the bathroom sink. I tossed a few items and saved others for Michele.
Then I ate some roasted veggies for supper. I listened to an interview as I looked into buying some kava. I finally found a place selling the kind the chiropractor recommended. But when I checked the ingredients, I was dismayed. So I continued to look for something highly rated, but without the substances I didn't want. I finally found one and heard Chris starting the DVD player.
We watched three episodes of The A-Team, I made a mug of hot bone broth to sip during the second one. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* I didn't take any pics today, so here is one from the Quilt of Valor event. *

No comments: