Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Signing

I started my day with an episode of The Sacred Plant. I listened during a cold detox soak. Then I heated water for coffee while swishing. I drank a quart of water and exercised. I learned that Cannabis causes memory problems in the young but actually helps memory in older people. Then I listened to two of Oprah's meditations.
When the detox was over, I did some cleaning, then got dressed up for the signing.
I checked my directions to the agents office. Then I began my trip. I had no trouble finding the proper roads, but when I got to the general vicinity, I was a little lost. It was supposed to be .41 miles after the intersection, but my odometer had no decimal points. After driving the wrong way through a fast food drive-thru, I found the proper building. I went inside and was greeted warmly. But they were not yet ready to sign. So I waited while the other people involved in the closing showed up. Eventually I was taken in a room and given 8 or 9 papers to sign. I had to sign each one with the husbands name, my name and 'attorney-in-fact' and then her name and my name and 'attorney-in-fact'. My hand got tired before I finished. I guess I am out of practice in handwriting. Sewing just doesn't exercise the same muscles. I handed over the checks and asked for signed receipts. Then I went out to my car, shivering.
From the car, I called the chiropractor that my massage therapist recommended. The secretary said to come over right away but she could not tell me how to get there from where I was. I continued down the road, longer than seemed necessary, but eventually I came to University, and very close to where I needed to be. The secretary had mentioned Target, so I turned there. I drove across the parking lot and called again. Then I got out and walked according to her directions, but things seemed wrong. I found myself at an apartment complex. The social director called the place, and got better directions. I walked/ran back to my car to stay warm. I drove out of the lot and back the way I had come. I found the place after some searching.
I went inside. I was given a plastic -covered form to fill out with a wet-erase marker. Before I had completely filled it out, the chiropractor came out to get me. He took me back to his exam room and massaged my shoulders, saying they were tight. He had me lay down and he crossed my arms like a pretzel and hugged me, sort of. I talked about bruxism, so he examined the top of my spine. He adjusted the first vertebra. He asked about the health of my parents. He took me to another room to lay on a heated pillow where the adjustment had taken place. He worked with someone else, then came back to me. He said I needed more vigorous exercise. He told me to try the Whole 30 diet. He recommended adjusting 4 times to see if that solved the problem. I went up front to pay and he said to come back Friday.
Then I went home. Traffic on University was thick, but it thinned out closer to town.
Once home, I took a hot Epsom salt bath. Then I made and ate breakfast. I e-mailed Denise that I had completed the signing.
Denise called to thank me for signing the papers. She also talked about pregnancy issues. Jennifer called while I was talking to Denise, so I called her back after I hung up. I made and ate a large salad. I got ready for choir practice. On the drive there, I noted that it was dark and rainy and I had trouble seeing clearly. I stopped at the bank to get cash for tomorrow. But the ATM refused the first amount I typed in as not being a multiple of 20. So I tried $100 and it worked, but was only enough for a few days.
When I got to the church, Jennifer gave me three piece of chocolate to eat. We practiced a piece on recorders. Then she warmed up the choir. We sang through our pieces for the next several Sundays.
I came home from choir practice. To warm up, I made a mug of hot bone broth. I also put two cups of vinegar water in a glass to sip in front of the TV. We watched the last episode of Miss Marple on the DVD set from the library. Chris went to bed, and I stayed up to write my blog post.
* This is the quilt that Beverly made for her husband. *

No comments: