Saturday, November 18, 2017

Staying overnight in Bristol

We got up late, relatively. I checked e-mail while eating breakfast, then showered, and got dressed. I packed pillows. I chose some thread for the tea cup kit but could not find kit. Later I remembered that it was in my suitcase. Chris cut up the jicama, and we put the slices in a bag. I filled six water bottles with filtered water and kava tea bags. Should a person with a cracked tooth be drinking something called kava tea? But the tea seems to have a calming effect on my jaw muscles.
Chris packed the car while I did a few last minute things, like putting my hashtag project away. It was about 11 when we got on the road. Chris had gotten a book on CD from the library. So we had entertainment all the way. I drank kava tea from two water bottles.
On the way we stopped twice to use the restrooms. At the second stop, Chris got a cheeseburger because the story mentioned them. I ate the last of the salad greens which we brought along. I also ate some seed crackers and jicama slices.
We had almost finished the last CD when we reached the hotel in Bristol. We gathered what we could carry from the car and went into the hotel to check in. In the room, I checked my e-mail while Chris played a game for an hour.
Then we walked past the next hotel to Red Lobster. We each order half a tilapia with two sides. Mine was asparagus and tomatoes with cheese. His was a potato and broccoli. The asparagus and broccoli tasted freezer burnt.
Chris paid and we walked back to the hotel. I checked my e-mail, then looked for something to watch on Netflix. But Chris didn't like my choice, so we watched the first episode of Voyager, followed by Season 2 episode 2 of Enterprise. Chris was going to watch another episode but it was after 11 EST. So he went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* I didn't take any pics today, so here is one from the quilt show last month. *

No comments: