Friday, October 4, 2024

Bible study

Thursday

I got up after 7:30. I washed up and got dressed. It was too cold to water, so I checked e-mail and messages. I listened to a podcast on menopause. After getting a text from Ginger, I filled a bottle with water and went to Bible study. No one else came, so we went through two chapters of Matthew and chatted.

I stopped to water Jenni's plants. Her husband was home so we chatted until the pest control people came. Then I checked on the irrigation system for the pear tree and apple tree.

Finally I went home for breakfast and watched The Highwire. I read other stuff after that and watched storm videos.  Awful!  I can't believe how little federal aid they are getting.  Plus, the civilians who are trying to help get threatened with arrest.

 I went out to scatter some gopher mounds and put rinds into the tunnels. I texted Michelle and Casey asking them if they could water my home plants and my garden. I spent way too much time finding and saving funny math memes. Then I posted for Math Morning to the three Facebook pages.

Chris came home from work. I picked some greens and he cooked them in bacon fat with some beef. I used up the last of the sweet potato in the soup and ate that for supper. I worked on my blog. I read an e-book on sleep. One of the suggestions was not to have a picture with water in it hanging over your bed. So I took down the seascape and put up a vase of flowers.

I read more, then made tea. We watched the remaining episode of WTR, then one episode of Taxi. Chris went to bed but I continued to read. Then I retired too.




No comments: