Thursday, October 17, 2024

Preparing for frost

Wednesday

I got up after the alarm went off, hearing Chris leave. I prepared for coffee morning with coffee and exercises and meditation. Afterward, I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. I watered the indoor plants. I read e-mail for several hours, then realized I needed to prepare the plants for cold temps.

I went to the garden to pick the green tomatoes and cover the plants with sheets. I took down the pole structure. I watered and checked the irrigation system. There was a leak right over a gopher mound. I wonder if the gopher bit it to get water. I picked some peas and beans from Kenzie's garden. I turned off the three irrigation systems that I am responsible for.

I went home to get some hay for the garden garlic bed. I went back to the garden to fix the irrigation line and to mulch the garlic. I put the sun shade cloth over the hay so the wind wouldn't blow it away.

I went to 60B to start cleaning. Saronna saw my text and came over to get the leftover food. I asked if she knew anyone who needed a futon and she came back with a neighbor. We carried it out of the front door and then the kids helped him carry it to his place.

I cleaned for 90 minutes, mostly finishing the kitchen. I went home and found Chris there.  He helped me move some potted plants and put the frost cover on the tower garden.  Michelle messaged me and she said Casey would get the poles from my garden. I said the poles would wait but she wanted him to do it tonight, so I went back to the garden to meet him. We put the poles in his SUV, then went to my house and stored them in the garage.

He went home and I got on my laptop to read. I had a message from Melanie. I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Taxi. Chris stayed up on his laptop, but went to bed before I did.

No comments: