Sunday, October 13, 2024

Making cheese

Saturday

I got up at 7:30, having had to get up several times during the night to rehydrate. I worked on the blog post about yesterday. Then I went through some Myst videos to see what I missed last night. I walked out to look for new gopher mounds and did not notice any. I did not catch any gophers either.

Chris gave me a massage, then we each took our shower. I covered a selection of nuts in hot water. I used half a gallon of goat milk to make vinegar cheese for Michelle. Then I started a half gallon of goat milk for fermented cheese.

I made breakfast, then read messages and articles. I dissolved rennet in some water and added it to the milk. At 2 I went to Keli's RV and cleaned for 2 hours. It took longer because she left a list. When I got home, I hydrated, then separated the curds from the whey of the fermented cheese.

I helped Chris fold laundry, then went to the garden. I watered Kenzie's peas. I planted 4 fists of garlic which only made one zigzag row. I wrapped up the watermelon in netting so critters don't eat it. I put out a dish of water for them. Then I went to Jenni's house. I watered in front and out back and changed the water in the bucket trap.

Chris had supper ready, so we ate. I read and listened to a podcast on health. I put away supper, and worked on my blog. Then I took the vinegar cheese to Michelle's house for a second game night. We talked about things to be ordered.

 I worked on the same things as last night. I was able to jump the rock wall but could find nothing else to do after that. In another world, I could not jump down at at place where I know I have jumped down before.

At 11, I shut down the game. I thanked them and went home. Chris was asleep. I got ready for bed and hit the hay.




No comments: