Monday, October 14, 2024

New religious affairs assistant

Sunday

I got up late. I read some e-mail. I made cheese squares. I listened to a talk by a military man who had dreams from the Lord in which Chinese soldiers invade places in America and the people there didn't realize the danger they were in. He was quoting scriptures that he was given at each one. He said the red horse (war) is coming, This is retribution from God. In each dream, Chinese soldiers came and people greeted them as novelties, but they massacred them.

I watered the plants and leveled gopher mounds. Still nothing caught.

I made and ate breakfast, then got dressed for church. I took half the cheese squares and my trombone to the chapel. After service, I met the new religious affairs assistant and his family. They are Pentecostal.  I stayed to talk to Michelle. She was very upset about a local girl who drowned this weekend.

I went home, read messages, and changed my clothes. Chris cooked supper and then started the game: we explored the deserted kobold camp. We tracked the kobolds who were leaving for a safer place. John negotiated for half of their treasure, then we got attacked by 3 women. We ended the game there, to resume next week.

I texted Casey then gathered some tools. I invited Chris to help. So he came too. We went to the swap shop. We measured and marked the walls in the little supply room. The first wall turned out to be concrete so we switched to another wall. We put up two wire shelves with a little trouble.

When we got home, I made tea. We watched one episode of Taxi. I headed to the kitchen, then smelled something bad. It was gas from the stove. Chris opened the doors and windows to let the gas out while I hunted down some fans. One of them didn't work. I listened to The Dimming, while doing puzzles. Chris closed the doors and windows and went to bed. I posted my blog and got ready for sleep.


No comments: