Tuesday, October 15, 2024

How to Make a Sandwich

Monday

I got up hearing my 8am alarm. I brushed and swished and took supplements. I checked messages. I finished watching The Dimming (on geoengineering and the effects of nanoaluminum on the environment). Then I watched a series on How to Make a Sandwich. The man grew all the ingredients including wheat, milked the cow, killed and cleaned the chicken, pressed the sunflower seeds for oil to make the mayo, etc. Very interesting. Only took him 6 months.

I worked on my blog post. I went out to deal with gopher mounds. Still didn't catch any. Then I went to the garden. I dug up some potatoes. I watered Kenzie's peas and picked a few. When I got home, I mulched the garlic bed with hay. I put out some onions to cure. I put potatoes in a pile and the onions heads in a baggie.

I made and ate breakfast. I rinsed off the pickled eggs, beets and radishes and put them in a clean jar. I read messages and watched short videos. Denise called and we had a nice chat. I watered the tomatoes in pots with leftover whey. I mowed on the shady side. Then I chose some hymns for Sunday.

At 6 I went to chapel for band.  Keli was out of town.  We played two hymns and some Christmas songs.  I got home about 7. Chris had steaks in the oven. We ate steak and rice. I read messages and e-mail, then worked on my blog.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of Taxi. Michelle texted me that she was planning the funeral for the little girl who drowned. It will be Saturday at 1, right before sewing class. So I may have to move things around.

Afterward, Chris went to bed. I stayed up a little later to read and then I headed to bed, too.

No comments: