Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Quilt of Valor event

I woke up while Chris was getting ready for work. I put on my headphones and cued up a track on my tablet. An hour later, I turned off the tablet because it was proceeding to the next track.
I laid in bed for a bit, then got up. I saw the recyclables by the door so I got dressed and took them to the curb. Then I turned on the router and drank water while reading e-mail. I learned that a nap as short at 6 minutes can significantly boost your brain power.
I had some coconut oil and milk kefir for breakfast.
I was wearing an over-sized t-shirt and decided to dress up a little more. So I exchanged my red t-shirt for a black, white and teal top. Then I drove to sewing and arrived right at 9:30. But the event did not start until 10. Most people were wearing red, white and blue. Maybe I should have kept the red t-shirt?
We sat in rows of chairs facing one end of the fellowship hall. The ladies who made the quilts went up one at a time to present their quilt of Valor to a veteran, usually a family member or friend. Beverly had made one for her husband Ned, who accompanied her today for the event.
Afterward, there were tables of food and people lined up to fill their plates. I abstained because it would count as one of my three meals for the day.
After the meal, I rode with Beverly to take Ned back to Adtran, where he works. He went to his office and she and I walked around the lake. It was a beautiful facility, inside and out. Then she took me back to the church.
On my way home, I stopped for kimbap. I took it home and ate it with kimchi, then started listening to an episode of Betrayal. I paused it to dress up more and go to the bank to pick up papers for Denise' closing tomorrow. The bank was on post so it did not take long. Then I went back to the episode. When I needed a break, I paused it and did one of Oprah's new meditation series. I fell asleep afterward.
As I was napping, Chris came home. I tried to go back to sleep since I was so groggy. But eventually I got up to finish the episode. Then I started another audio on the philosophy of utilitarianism that is used to justify forced vaccinations and was used to justify eugenics in the past.
I ate a banana while I listened, and afterward made a salad. I used a flashlight to locate some fresh dandelion greens in the back yard.
I looked for a piece of fabric to match a project I had started years ago, but could not find it. Maybe I gave it away last time I moved to Korea?
Christ Revealed started early, but I didn't see the e-mail announcement until almost 8. I watched the first hour. After the first interview, I paused it so I could watch TV with Chris. We watched an episode of The A-Team. Chris got ready for bed so I laid down with him until he fell asleep, then I finished the episode and wrote my blog post for the day.

No comments: