Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving

When I awoke, I checked my watch and it looked like 8:30. Since we were sleeping in the basement, I had to go upstairs to use the restroom. I was going to go back to bed, but Cecily started talking to me. So I stayed upstairs, being social. Others were eating, so I made my breakfast. Then Chris was collecting items for laundry, so I went down and got dressed, then put my nightgown in the wash and clothes from yesterday. I added my clothes to the laundry pile, then finished making breakfast. I asked Cecily if she needed any more aprons. She said no, but that Marie and Carol did. I asked Marie what color she would like and she said purple.
I moved my breakfast box into the den and sat with my laptop. I did a meditation. Someone found a pill in the kitchen and it was my vitamin D3. I went back to e-mail. I jotted some notes for my blog to remember the purple.
As I sat on the couch, reading e-mail and listening to audios, Rowan sat beside me. She is a BIG dog. Occasionally she would paw at me and hit the trackpad. I moved my laptop to the side of the couch. I used Skype to take a pic. Chris had to help me find where skype put it. Then I noticed my leg was falling asleep, dog-on-it.
When the others sat down to lunch, I got out my leftovers from the restaurant last night. I also ate the rest of the jicama sticks because they were drying out. And I had two banana oatmeal cookies.
I returned to my laptop for a bit, but then went outside to rake leaves. It was a nice day although a little chilly. I enjoyed the sunlight as I raked leaves away from the house and bushes. My goal was to put them where Al could pick them up with his lawn mower.
Because they were having a new roof put on, there were pieces of roofing in the leaves and grass. I found a spiral of nails in the grass and moved it to the deck where someone would find it. In the front yard, I found a tape measure that the roofing guys must have dropped. But the most interesting thing I found, was the jawbone of a ...deer(?) in the back yard by the fence. It had slash marks like a lawn mower had run over it.
As I continued to rake, Al took the cupola (formerly on the roof) over to his neighbor and they had a long talk. I showed Al the jawbone. Then the neighbor recounted how he had once found human remains while hunting. Another neighbor came over. I hung up the rake and went inside and got my camera to take a pic of the jaw bone. Then I went inside.
I hung out with the food prep crowd. The turkey smelled so good. But not all the food was ready yet. Al carved the bird and Cecily directed everything else. Then we got our plates and filled them in the kitchen and returned to the dining room. I took a pic and then we prayed.
It was a good meal. It must have been because there wasn't much talking. Then we cleared the table and put the food away so we could have pie. I declined, naturally. The others had pecan pie, pumpkin pie and whipped cream. Then we cleared that away, too. Cecily and Al watched football. I listened to an audio. While it played, I played 2048 on my tablet. Chris and Michele were watching a movie on Michele's laptop in the computer room. After awhile, I went and sat with them. I got Michele to take over my game while I watched the movie.
When the movie was over, Chris turned it off. I came back to the living room to post to my blog. Chris read until I finished, and then we went to bed.

No comments: