Sunday, August 2, 2026

Hail and Farewell

 


Friday

I got up just before 8:30. I went through the morning list. I watered the plants and set two gopher traps. I wrestled with the printer to get larger copies using the Fit to Page function. Took multiple copies to do it , then I practiced the hymn. I ate yogurt and read by the red light. I drank the fiber mix. I made up supplements for the week. I made breakfast and ate it while reading/listening online.

Then I made a grocery list. I stopped at the post office for mail and saw a snake on the floor. I wondered what Chris would do, then picked it up and carried it outside. I visited with Shelly. Finally I went shopping at the commissary, then came home and put the groceries away.

I made the sewing sample (a balloon cover). When I went to post it on Facebook, I saw a message saying the kids were not coming to sewing class tomorrow. It was too late to prepare another project.
I took a shower and got dressed for the party. It had an alien theme but I didn't have anything alien, so I wore my zebra shirt. I drove up to the Commander's house and parked on the street. As a decoration, she had “Do not Enter' tape over her front door. I rang the doorbell and someone opened the door. Ladies had already gathered. Other people came. The Commander's wife had food ready so we lined up and filled our plates. We ate, some sitting and some standing. Later we gathered in the living room to say goodbye to the CSM and hello to Mrs. Player. I asked her if she was interested in playing handbells and she said yes.

Later Ria started karaoke. Daylight was fading so I thanked her and left. I went to the garden to water the one plant that seemed dry. I went home to prepare for game night. I went to Michelle's house. They were all sitting outside waiting for me. We went inside to talk and play the game. Later Elizabeth came over to drop off Michelle's purse.

After 11, I found a good stopping point and exited the game. I went home, wrote my blog post (and forgot to post it) and went to bed.

No comments: