Saturday, September 12, 2026

Day 3, the chofar

 


Friday

We got up at 7:30. I went through most of my morning routine, then washed up and got nicely dressed. We went to the hotel to meet the praise team for a continental breakfast. Lisi and I did not eat. We all chatted and then went outside where Neil spoke a blessing and blew the chofar. Then we went inside for a Q and A. But it ended up being more of a prayer request thing. At 10 it broke up. Neil gave me the chofar to practice on for tonight.

Chris and I went home. He went to the office. I ate yogurt, then went to 403 to mop and to clip trees growing in the fence. When I got back, I ate fiber gel and practiced trombone. Then I made and ate breakfast. I had to reboot my computer to get rid of the green outlines. I watched two videos on how to blow the chofar. It seemed to go well.

Chris came home and made his lunch. Then we went to the commissary for groceries. When we got back, the mower was back in the driveway with a new part.

Chris didn't want to go to Tooele. I nearly fell asleep while we planned our anniversary trip. I laid down, but then jumped up to make yogurt for tomorrow and jot notes for my blog, and work on yesterday's post. Now I was able to add pictures to previous posts. I went to the garden to weed and check the gopher trap. On the way home, I thanked Richard for fixing the mower. He mentioned how much we needed rain. Later he said I was a saint and not to let anyone tell me different. I think I will remember that for the rest of my life.

When I got home, I mowed the back lawn, then put the mower away. I got dressed up and we went to the chapel by 6:30. The service opened with praise music and a few hymns. The words projected on the screen were not always what the players were singing.

Then we stood in a circle up front. Neil asked me to play the chofar. The first notes went well. He asked to put a talith on me, but I wasnt comfortable with that. Then he tried the chofar, not so good. I tried again. Not so good this time. Stefani tried. There must be a trick to it.

Then we prayed for the world, mentioning as many countries as he could. We prayed up and down, right and left. Most of the other ladies sat down. I was in the center aisle, so I knelt down, but then my feet went to sleep. So when the prayer finished, Chris had to help me up. Chaplain wanted to pray for me and I said we should pray for rain. Then Neil had quite a story about praying for rain in Africa and it rained so much that they had to pray for it to stop so they could hold elections.

After the service ended, Chaplain brought out a lasagna that was left over from dinner. Chris and I delivered the lasagne to the Clarks. He quietly invited us in and we spoke in whispers. He told us about the house he is being given to house the children while his wife is in the hospital. Its the same house I just cleaned and will have inspected Monday afternoon. It was sad to see the young boys having to be so quiet (because any sound causes their mother a lot of pain).

We went home. I got ready for Game night. I drove over and gave cheese squares to Michelle. I played the game using all the notes I had, then explored where to go next. I exited the game at 11, but we talked till 12 about their Disney trip. Then I went home.

No comments: