Friday, September 25, 2026

The wine-tasting party

 


Thursday

I got up at 7:30. I worked on Sudoku, then followed the morning list. I watered the indoor plants. I prepared drinking water, then went to the chapel for Bible Study. After the study and prayer, I went looking for bells music for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I found one for Christmas.

I went to the garden to deploy netting all over the vining plants. I took a floor mat to Self-Help. I went home and ate fiber gel. I watered the outdoor plants and checked the traps. I read outside in the sun.

I made breakfast and ate it while watching The Highwire. I ordered a part for the GopherHawk and watched a video on how best to use it. I looked at universal remote codes for the Zenith DVD player. They did not agree with the ones on the sheet that came with the universal remote.

I put clean gopher bones in a box and put the dirty ones in a bleach solution. I used the rest of the fertilizer to make a spray. I sprayed all the plants at home, then sprayed all the plants at the garden. Casey showed up at his garden so I asked him if he could fix my old desktop computer.

I finished spraying and went home. Chris came home and said Michele wanted brautworst for dinner on Saturday and she wanted me to make beer bread rolls. So we searched all over for the beer recipe book. When I found it, he and I chose a recipe. He added some of the ingredients to the grocery list.

I got ready for Ria's party. Chris gave me a bottle of wine. I drove up the hill and passed Michelle who was walking. So I offered her a ride. When I told her it was a black dress affair, she asked me to drive her home to change. So I did. Then I drove her up the hill.

We were late, but the ladies were happy to see us. The wine offering was added to a large line of bottles, mostly unopened. They were already eating, so we filled plates and joined them. After a while, we went into the living room where the desserts were. The new ladies were encouraged to say three things about themselves and only one is true. Later, we gathered outside for pics.

Then some ladies talked in the kitchen while others danced in the livingroom. I tried to join the dancing, but the music wasn't fun for me. Later we did kareoke to The Greatest Love, Impossible Dream, and I Will Survive. Those I could sing.

Then Michelle was ready to leave. So I took her home, then went home myself.

I changed clothes and made tea. We watched the first episode of the next DVD since we could not get the remote working. Episode 9, I think. Then Chris went to bed while I worked on my blog.

No comments: