Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Perfect Analogy

In case you are wondering what it feels like to pack up everything you own, leave most of it behind, including your friends and family, and move halfway around the world to a strange place, try this anology.
Here (hopefully) is a picture of a wave, frozen in mid-crash. You can see the power in it even though it isn't moving. Strength, power, danger, overwhelming force. I feel like I'm standing at the bottom of the wave, about to be swept away: at any moment to be tumbled about, helpless, unable to breathe, and not knowing which way is up; submerged in the maelstrom with nothing to hold onto.

3 comments:

Pat said...

...better yet to be smoothly brought to shore without losing your bathsuit top!!!!...made you laugh I hope!
Pat

Gail said...

Wow, Fern! Kelly's mom, Gail, here. Kelly sent me your blog address with this surprising news. I enjoyed reading your blog, and will continue to check in. I will be praying for your preparation, your travel and your stay in Korea. How long is the assignment? Wish I could come to your garage sale!
God bless you all, Gail

Gwenda said...

I think when all of this is behind you, you'll be glad you went to Korea.