Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fabric Pictures!

Saturday night, 8pm. I haven't posted in a while due to the daily cost of internet. We log on every other day. Tuesday we move into our apartment and then we should be online every day. Yes!

Friday we went fabric shopping in Dongdaemun.
Whatever you want to buy, there is a street or section in Seoul for that. What I saw was four buildings, five or more stories high. Each level is like a craft fair, with booths lining the aisles. I would estimate 100 per floor. They sold fabric, lace, zippers, ribbon, beads, jewelry making stuff, felt, quilted purses, embroidered blankets, stuffing, foam cushions, floor coverings, etc. I guess it was textiles. The lady I was with wanted to find a particular booth and I took a picture. The seller was very accomodating. Because they want to sell in bulk, a fat quarter is about the same price as a yard. I bought a whole pile of 1 yard cuts for 2.50 to 3 a yard. I am not sure of the thread count. I stopped at one place to buy a yard of ribbon. I handed her the spool and held up one finger. She held up a sign 2000 won which is about 2.00. I dug in my wallet for the 2000 won and handed it to her. She put the whole spool in a baggie. It was a lot of ribbon, too.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Hi, The fabric looks great. Don't worry about the thread count just dive in!
Pat