Sunday, May 5, 2024

Found a mouse

Saturday

I got up around 8. Chris was already up. I took supplements and brushed. I read e-mail. I asked Chris for a massage. So he did. We talked. He took his shower and I took mine. Then I worked on cutting chosen fabric for this afternoon and choosing some coordinates for the kids. It was after noon when I finished. I made and ate breakfast and read more e-mail. Jamie dropped by to return the key to 208 and pick up the key to 632. Then I quickly scooped up my sewing stuff and went to the chapel.

I opened the doors and went in to set up the room for sewing. I set up two machines. I set out the fabrics with their coordinates. The kids came in. Sophia chose the cats, and Wilhelm chose the trains. Moira stuck with her choices from yesterday. No one else came, but I was busy every second for over 2 hours getting their projects cut and sewn.

Finally I cleaned up, but left everything in place for tonight. We all walked out together, locking the doors behind us. I went home. Chris told me he took the tower garden out. It looked rather bedraggled so I watered it and hoped it would survive.

I read some e-mail as Chris cooked a sweet potato and bacon. He also put some roasts in the big black pot for tomorrow. I went to the post office to pick up the mail. I also grabbed the sewing machine that Summer left. I thought it was missing a part, but when I threw a bobbin and thread on it, it made stitches. I sent her a message asking if she wanted it back.

I went to house #2 to check on the bucket. I didn't see any mice, but it was dark. I poured in a gallon of water, then saw a mouse swimming around in it. I closed the door and left.

Michelle texted that the German army was back and they wanted to borrow the guitar again. So I left it in the hall. Chris took my car to put gas in it and was gone longer than I had time for. I stood outside anxiously awaiting his return. When he pulled up, I jumped in and took off for the chapel.

I was a few minutes late. The Luna's got there before I did, but everybody else came later. Summer came to teach crocheting. Anka came to pick up her dress. But her kids 7, 5, and 4, wanted to sew projects. And not the ones I suggested. So I helped the oldest make a knot bag while helping Jenni make the sling purse, then helping all three kids sew and stuff a bird. Oh, and Stirling broke the thread spool pin and had some trouble supergluing it back on. He didn't sew after that, but his wife worked on monitor covers. Michelle came by for the guitar but I told her it was at my house. So she went there to get it.

It was after 9 when the family left. The Luna's and Jenni helped me clean up and pack up. They walked out with me while we locked the doors. They went home and I went home.

Chris loaded the episode of WTR that we hadn't finished. We watched it to the end and I tried again to sing the theme song, but could not go low enough. Then Chris asked me to help him make the bed. But first we had to put the stacks of laundry away. Then we dressed the bed. He packed his suitcase and went to bed. I stayed up to work on my blog. Around 11, I shut down the computer and got ready for bed. While I laid there trying to fall asleep, I could hear a ferocious wind blowing outside and I prayed God would protect my tower garden.

No comments: