Friday, May 3, 2024

Too much time spent on project

Thursday

I slept well and got up at 8. After brushing and taking supplements, I chose fabrics for a sample sewing project. I tried to adjust for the irregular edge so as to make best use of the fabric. Then I readied a check for the mail, got dressed, and went cleaning at Steve's.

After a little more than an hour, I met Anka at the Community Club. She gave me her dress and we discussed when she needed it back. I went to the house to pick up cleaners, then stopped at the post office and took the packages home. I went back to Steve's for another hour or so.

When the carpets and kitchen were done, I went home for breakfast and watched The Highwire. Afterward, I put on a bathing suit and read in the sun for a bit. Then I came in and read some e-mail.

While I was readying, I got a call for an emergency sign-over. I threw on some clothes, grabbed a contract and ran over there. Everyone was waiting. I looked around the house, which she said she had mostly cleaned, and quoted her $280. She ran off to get cash and I filled out the contract. Then she paid me and we all signed. She mentioned a mouse nest by the water heater. Then inspectors said I would be responsible for that if I signed for the house.

Afterward, I went to Steve's to finish cleaning the bathroom. I took an appropriate amount of the cash that he had left for me. I moved all my cleaning stuff to my car. Then I went home. I took the carpet shampooer out of the trunk and put it in the house.

I worked on the reversible purse sample for class. The pattern didn't call for pockets, so adding them was a problem, due to the construction. I measured and made special ones for phone, pens, keys, and small stuff. I basted it together so I can take it apart later and do it my way.

I took pics of it in different places: on the mannequin, my shoulder, and arm of chair. I posted the class announcement in three places, with three different pictures. I looked up math memes and copied a lot. Then I posted for Math Morning on three Facebook pages. It was after 10 and took late to eat supper. I kept looking at math memes. Finally I stopped around 11 to write to my blog. I got ready for bed, then laid in the recliner to listen to low hertz music until I decided to go to bed.

No comments: