Saturday, May 4, 2024

The Game is over

Friday

I woke up after hearing the 7:30 alarm, but did not get up till 8. I did the usual to get ready for the day. I got what I needed for Math Morning plus the book to return to Casey. Then I headed to the chapel.

Saronna came with her kids. I brought out the fabrics from the storage room and asked them to choose for tomorrow so I can have it cut and ready. They did. Then I sat with Sophia and we worked on problems she chose from an old old math book. But we spent more attention on the conversation among adults about distopian books. I returned 1984 to Casey.

It was after 10 when we all packed up and went home. I saw Summer's Facebook post and walked to swap shop. I donated some non-stick pans left behind, and we talked about crocheting at Project Night. I also picked up a bathing suit. Then I got our mail and walked home.

I picked up the bucket trap. It was full of water so I dumped it out and there were 5 dead mice. I added peanut butter, then took it to house #2, and set it in the storage room with the mouse nest. I wanted to put water in it, but the outdoor faucet wasn't working.

I went home and read more e-mail. I made and ate breakfast. I sat in the sun till Chris came home and ate something. I got ready and we went to Tooele, listening to the book on CD. We shopped at the usual places and came back. Then we shopped at the commissary.

We unloaded the food and put it away. I heated beef and read e-mail and listened to Telegram videos. I shortened Anka's dress, both layers. I worked on my blog.

I made tea and got ready for Game Night. I took some eggs and went to Michelle's house. Isadora let me in. We chatted as I got the game started. I had to watch some scene sequences to get to the puzzle. When it got to that point, I saved the game in case I had to restart. But with the notes I took, I was able to solve the puzzle without much trouble. I didn't need the solution. Then a harder one came up and I solved that one as well. Almost too easy. There were several other sequences, Atrus thanked me, and the game ended.

It was only 10, so Casey suggested loaded Myst V. We talked while the circle spun around and around. He showed me how he cracks eggs slightly on the bottom so when they are hardboiled, they are easy to peel. At 11, I thanked Casey and went home. Chris was already asleep, so I got ready for bed and climbed in beside him.

No comments: