Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dongdaemun - again


Tuesday Michele went to school, but Chris stayed home, which was good since we had to call for a plumber. The drain pipe under the kitchen sink came completely off. Chris called the realestate agent, who called somebody, who came and taped it back on. He didn't speak English so we didn't know if this was meant to be temporary or permanent. I went to volunteer at the thrift shop. AFter that I went to the library, and the Px, which is STILL out of 11 1/2 inch stainless steel bowls. Nor did they have a large Korean dictionary. All they had were small ones, written in English. Eventually I met a friend who had asked me to tutor her daughter to take the PSAT on Wednesday. She took me to her house. Very very nice. And two cute little dogs. After tutoring, she brought me back, then her daughter had a game to cheerlead. That evening I finished turning the hems on my striped blue shirt. But what to do about the neckline? It turned out lower than I expected, so turning under the edges would only make it lower. Luckily, Wednesday (this morning) Tina, Rachel and I went back to Dongdaemun where we found a blue trim for the neckline. I also got a textured grey knit, black pantyhose, more rice cakes, an almost-denim blue to make a matching skirt, an embroidered peach fabric, batting, quilt backing, elastic, and canvas ribbon.

No comments: