Saturday, October 25, 2008

Last few days


Just a quick post here as it is very late and we have to get up for church in the morning. I have spent the last few days finding places for everything that came on Wednesday and washing all those dishes. Phew! Now that my sewing room is set up, I have been ironing all the fabric I bought over the last two months. More phew! The Block of the Month is due Monday so I have chosen fabrics for that and cut out the pieces. That is as far as I will get tonight. My bookshelf stereo system is set up in my sewing room so that I can (and have been) listen(ing) to my CD collection while I iron. Ironing is a nice, warm activity now that it had suddenly turned cold.
This morning there was a yard sale at the Embassy club. It was mostly clothing, but I did get a few hangers and a hairdryer. Then we (Pam and I) went to the thrift store where I got some fabric and 3 220v lightbulbs. That way I can use my regular lamps with 220 outlets (with a $1 adapter). After that we bought a TV stand in a box at the on-post furniture store. We also bought tickets for the Christmas Tour of Homes. We picked up Pam's husband to carry the TV stand box back to my apartment. They left and Michele and I proceded to take the pieces out of the box. But, horrors, one shelf was cracked. So, called the store, offered to bring back that one piece to exchange (since I couldn't lift the whole thing) and they asked for my address and said they'd be over sometime. The guy showed up with an entirely new box, pulled out the piece that I needed, and took the broken piece. Now wasn't that nice of him? Just then I noticed the time, time to go to the commissary in case it closed at 4. I tried to bribe Michele into coming with me to help carry stuff. Nothing worked until I promised to make her her own set of pickled eggs. Who would have guessed? Even with her help, we had a heck of a time carrying it all back. We were glad for all the things we didn't buy.
After that, we did a lot of laundry. More ironing. I think we skipped supper. Oh well. At least we have milk for breakfast.

No comments: