Friday, October 17, 2008

Thai and Vietnamese silks


Thursday: Chris went to work at 4:15 am and Michele to school at 6:45. I volunteered at the thrift shop. While there, Nancy dropped by with a pizza and one of the ladies brought sushi. That reminded me that this is the day the sushi dept opens at the commissary. So, after my shift at the thrift shop, I stopped by the commissary and got two kinds of sushi: salmon, and cream cheese. I ran into Cathi there. She said that people were like roses. When you transplant them to a new place, they need time to grow new roots before they can bloom. Well, I want to be an air fern. That way being transplanted won't damage my roots.
Thursday night the quilt group met to work on the donation quilt. We got all the borders on and made a matching pillow case. Some of us stayed pretty late, talking. Adele drove me to the gate, and I got home by midnight. Since Chris needed to get up early again, he should have gone to bed, but he stayed up until I got home.
On friday there was no school, so Michele stayed home. Chris went to work, and then to the division picnic. I stopped by the Chosun gift shop to check out the Thai silks. A 4-yard piece was $8, so I got several colors. I also got some Vietnamese silk in the form of a skirt and a wrap. Then I met Chris at the picnic. After eating, I showed my purchases to some of the ladies and they hurried over to check it out. After I got back to the apt, Chris forwarded an e-mail that our household goods had arrived and we should call for delivery. Yea!! He set the delivery date for Wednesday, since I have things to attend on Monday and Tuesday. Sadly Chris won't be here. He is being sent to D.C. for a week. He leaves early tomorrow for the airport. He is sleeping now, but not for long. Just this morning he was told about a teleconference tonight from 10:30pm to 12:30am. So he has to go back to work and walk home after midnight. It irks me that these conferences are set by people in the states at very inconvenient times for us. On the other hand, he gets paid overtime :) I guess there is a bright side to everything.

No comments: