Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dongdaemun


On Wednesday five of us went to Dongdaemun, the fabric center of the city. I had been once before, but didn't see it all. I saw more this time, but still haven't seen it all. We all bought quilting fabric, of course. I also bought some teal dress weight poly and a lightweight gray knit. I wanted to buy curtain fabric, but didn't have any measurements with me. The place was crowded. Most aisles are very narrow. Keeping out of other people's way is difficult. Our hands were full when we returned via the subway.
On Thursday I volunteered at the thrift shop. Several people asked about my Dongdaemun trip, so I have scheduled another for next Tuesday. I wonder if I will ever get tired of that place?
Anyway, I did a lot of walking today, visiting the school, library, arts and crafts center, and ACS bldg. I was home for the late afternoon, reading and washing fabric, but then Chris came home for supper and afterwards we walked to the theater to see The Mummy 3.

No comments: