Monday, October 27, 2008

Chris is back.

It is Tuesday morning and I am getting ready to go to the thrift shop, to sort and price, not buy. But, you never know, if something wanted comes in, we can put our names on it until somebody else prices it.
Chris arrived Sunday at 7. We were glad to see him but he wasn't himself. SO, I went to my sewing room and made the block of the month due on Monday. Then knowing we were going to vote for a block as the new friendship block (to be autographed), I made 6 blocks to submit. I made them from sketches I did earlier after scouring the internet. The rule for submission was you had to e-mail the instructions to Ralu so she could post them on the site. Well, I didn't have time, so I was prepared to be told 'sorry'. But they did pick one of my blocks! But not the one I would have picked. Then I had to mail the instructions later for posting.
Also, on Sunday I boiled almost 2 dozen eggs: 12 for pickling for Michele and 9 for Deviled Eggs for the quilt group on Monday. The group really enjoyed them. There were hardly any left for Michele.
Very late Sunday night, I ordered a sewing machine from JoAnns. They had a reconditioned model for $70 and free shipping. What do I need with another machine? To teach classes of course. I had extra machines, but I gave them away because I didn't think we'd have room for them. Silly me.
Besides voting and eating eggs, the group started the Secret Sister program. They had a form to be filled out listing what kids of this and that you like. Then, we picked anonymously from the pile. Now, at the beginning of each month, we buy a $5 gift for our assigned unsuspecting person. That means the first gift is due in a week. I'd better get busy.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

I'm not surprised one of your quilt blocks was chosen! They probably had a hard time choosing just ONE!

Fern said...

Actually, it was almost a landslide. I'll post the pics and let you guess.