Monday, October 20, 2008

Getting ready for the big day

Chris has been gone two days. I thought we needed him to change the 5 gallon water bottle, but Michele and I handled it. We didn't go anywhere yesterday except church with the Lunds. Today the quilt group worked on baby quilts. We had a pot luck lunch and then delivered 8 quilts to the hospital. I made egg-salad sandwiches from pickled red beet eggs. Somehow everyone knew when they saw the sandwiches that I had made them and the bread, too.
I stopped by the housing department to make sure that they would pick up the furniture they lent us before delivering our house hold goods. It sounds like they hadn't planned on it. Good thing I stopped by! Now, all I have to do before they come Wednesday morning is strip the beds, empty the dressers and the wardrobe, clear the tables, pack up the loan closet items, and clear the sewing and computer rooms to make room for the desks and tables. And I have to do most of it tonight because there is a luncheon tomorrow morning and the quilt group is meeting tomorrow night. Oh, yes, and drop the DVD's by the library so they don't get lost in the shuffle.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

So, how does that taste? Egg salad from red beet eggs? Never had that.

Fern said...

Actually its pretty good. Michele took those that were leftover for lunch the next day. Unfortunately. they weren't really mashed up. The forks they lent us are very small, so I just used the egg slicer in several directions.